Stormproof roll-top top loading main compartment.
Click to Know More
The main compartment of Expedition Trail Bag 2 is rated stormproof. This compartment has a roll-top closure, that ensures zero ingress of water and keeps your stuff dry.
- The Expedition Trail Bag 2 are rated Stormproof, not Waterproof. The Expedition will keep your stuff 100% dry through rain. However, the Expedition is not submersible, and your stuff is prone to get wet if submerged under water.
- For the best Stormproof performance, we highly recommend minimum 3 folds of the roll-top closure.
Seamless ingress protection with RF heat welded seams
Click to Know More
The Expedition Trail Bag 2 have a unique construction. The shell of the bag is made from super strong vinyl coated waterproof fabric. The seams of the panels of the main compartment are joined together by radio frequency heat welding. This means there are no stitches on the main compartment, making it 100% waterproof.
VOLUME AND COMPARTMENTS
- Compatibility: Universal
- Cargo Volume: 42 Ltr
- Stormproof roll-top top loading main compartment
- 1 quick access stash pocket
- Versatile Form Factor: Can be used as a backpack, trail bag, duffel bag, tail bag
- 4 mounting straps (2 front, 2 rear) with quick release buckles
- Shipped with detachable backpack straps and a shoulder strap
MATERIALS AND CONSTRUCTION
- Outer Shell Material: Super strong vinyl coated waterproof fabric
- Stormproof: Main compartment with roll-top closure (minimum 3 folds recommended to block water ingress)
- Seamless Ingress Protection: Radio frequency heat welded seams
- MORE FEATURES
- Tail bag (1 unit)
- Quick release mounting straps (4 units)
- Backpack straps (1 pair)
- Shoulder strap (1 unit)
Read Before Use
- For optimum stormproof performance, it is imperative to fold the roll-top minimum 3 times.
- The bag is not rated for protection from water ingress when submerged under water.
- The Expedition Trail Bag 2 has a seamless construction design. There are no stitches on the main shell of the bag. All seams are radio-frequency heat welded. As such, in case of any tears or punctures on the main shell of the bag, any repair is not possible.
- The intended application of the detachable backpack straps is to make it easier to carry the Expedition Trail Bag 2 only on short hauls, for eg, from where the motorcycle is parked to your tent or your hotel room. The Expedition Trail Bag 2 is not intended to be used as a backpack for long hauls, for eg, on treks or backpacking trips.
- The Expedition Trail Bag 2 has a warranty of 6 months from the date of purchase/delivery.
- To know the warranty policy of Rynox in detail, click here.
- Return & Exchange
Wash & Care
Step 1 - Prep
- Undo all zippers, velcro, straps and buckles
- Separate all detachable layers and/or drybag liners (wash each layer separately)
- Shake off any surface dirt
- Use a soft brush if required
- Wipe clean with a damp microfiber cloth
Step 2 - Which Detergent?
- Use (in order of preference)
- Purpose-made tech-wash
- Neutral unscented liquid detergent
- Woolen liquid detergent
- Baby shampoo
- Completely Avoid
- Any type of granular powder detergent
- Any type of heavily scented liquid detergent
- Any type of fabric softener or bleach
Step 3 - Soak
- Dissolve 1 to 2 caps of detergent in a bucket of water, per unit of luggage
- Soak for at least 30 minutes
- Avoid hot water. Test with the back of your hand. If it's too hot for your hand, it's too hot for your luggage.
Step 4 - Wash and Rinse
- Agitate and scrub within your hands, inside and outside.
- Focus on spots with grease and grime
- Repeat until clean
- Rinse multiple times until free of detergent
- Avoid using hard, abrasive brushes. Use a soft brush if required.
Step 5 – Drip Dry
- Drip dry. Place upside-down to let water drip out.
- Once dry on the outside, turn bag inside-out and let dry
- Do not machine dry. Do not use a hair dryer or any type of heater during the drying process.
- Do not expose to direct sunlight.
Step 6 - Storage
- Store in a cool dry ventilated place, away from direct sunlight.
- Do not store while damp or wet. Dry completely before storage.
- Clean thoroughly before long-term storage
Expedition Trail Bag 2 - Stormproof
FROM WATER INGRESS
Expedition Trail Bag 2 - Stormproof
Product FAQsAsk a Question
Is this bag suitable for KTM RC ???????
Yes, the bag is compatible with the RC 390.
I need to know whether this bag is suitable for ktm duke and i need to know whether it consists of clips to mount in bike or we need a bungee cord to tie in rear seat of the bike ..
The Expedition Trail bags is much suitable on all the KTM Dukes. The bag's form factor allows it to be compatible with any bike with a pillion seat or a tail rack. The bag comes with 4 mounting straps to mount the bag to any bike. Additionally, the bag comes with multiple D-loops at strategic points to help you use bungee cords, in case you want to use bungees
CAN THIS BAG PROTECT MY STUFF IN HEAVY RAIN FOR LONG TIME?
Yes, the Expedition Trailbag and Drybag are both waterproof bag, with heat sealing and no stitching made up on 100% WP+WR coated fabric and thus can provide waterproofing in heavy rainfall as well.
Hello team Rynox.Is this bag is suitable to mount on Royal Enfield classic 500 and is it 100% waterproof ? I am asking this question as I am planning for a konkan ride for 7 days where rain can be expected at any time of the day. Thanks in advance.
Yes Expedition trail bag is compatible to mount on Royal Enfield classic 500 and it is fully waterproof luggage.
The Expedition trail bag is waterproof luggage which is built with super strong vinyl coated waterproof fabric. Radio Frequency heat welded seams to ensure IPX4 waterproofing standard.
Hi team, can this be used as laptop bag pack?
Yeah, you use this as laptop bag pack but make sure you use soft padding cover to the laptop to ensure its safety from the impact.
Is this bag suitable for R15 ???
The Expedition Trailbag is much suitable with the Yamaha R15 on the pillion seat.
Can this bag used during summer? Will the heat damage the bag?
Yeah, you can use the Expedition Trail bag in summer. The heat won't damage the bag. The bag is favourable for all weather conditions.
Besides the sling and the two backpack type straps how many other straps do you provide with the bag??
The bag comes with 3 mounting straps to mount the bag as a tail bag, besides the removable shoulder and the backpack strap.